Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Uno Mas!

Okay, so this is my next to last night here in Costa Rica. It's hard to believe it's already been almost 2 weeks. Everyone in the office has been wonderful; Michelle and Will have become great friends. Most of all, the country is beautiful. I'll admit, I won't miss the muy loco drivers, or the air pollution. But I'll miss the people. And the food! I don't think I'll be able to eat for a month, once I get back, as I work off what I ate here!

I was awake before the alarm this morning, and hopped out of bed alert, which is unheard of for me ANY morning! We met the fourth APL person, Monique, who's with our Transportation group, and based out of Atlanta. She'd actually come in the night before, but we hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her. Our usual driver took us to work, and traffic wasn't too bad, by Costa Rican standards.

At work, I sat with the people I've been with for the last 2 weeks; I can sit in a spot where 4 people can ask me questions. It's a nice, central location. Tomorrow I'll be sitting with the person who drives me nuts, but it's only one more day. I can make it... I think! :) We also warned everyone in the center that we're planning on taking pictures tomorrow. We'd been advised that if we didn't give people 24-hours lead time, we'd "make lots of enemies"! So, we warned them.

The reefer team, in Denver, as a singing pig, dubbed Stewie, sent by a customer as a gift. We've taken him all over the world; I took him to Ireland with me, he's been to Hawai'i, on a cruise in the Pacific, on camping trips. I brought him with me to Costa Rica. I'd taken pictures of him with the volcano behind him. That's all I planned to do. But one of the girls in the office has a little, pink stuffed pig. I'd told her about Stewie, and she asked me to bring him in. So, today I did. We got a picture of her pig, and Stewie. Then I turned him on, so they could hear him sing. Stewie was a hit! However, after the 3rd time hearing "My Girl", as sung by a pink pig, I'd had enough!

After work, we went out for dinner and drinks with people from the center. We've gone out with managers, but tonight was CSRs. A few months ago, a number of people from Costa Rica came to Denver for training. We went out tonight with some of them. So, after work, we piled into a pair of taxis, and headed out into a part of the San Jose area I'd never been to, Heredia. It's actually in another state, but is only about 20 minutes from work. We sat in the bar, on the patio, for a long time, talking and laughing. It was a lot of fun, and really nice to get to know them better, as we haven't been sitting with them.

Tomorrow, we're going out to dinner at a restaurant up the mountain from San Jose. San Jose actually sits in a valley, ringed by mountains. This restaurant is famous for its views and live music. So, we'll head there after work. Then, back to the hotel, to pack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home