Friday, April 28, 2006

Blarney and Beyond!!!

Ok, so when we were planning this trip to Ireland, I told Marty I wanted to go to Blarney. His response was an unequivical "No." Now, as you know from previous posts, he did agree to leave Cork; in fact, we went to Cashel at his decree. When I broached the subject of Blarney once we got here, he was cautiously accepting. "But I'm not kissing no damn Blarney Stone," was his caveat.

Today, we got up, headed to the bus station, and found the bus to Blarney. Got off a stop early (still in Blarney, just not as close as we could have been), and wandered toward the old part of town. Meandered through the gardens of Blarney Castle, say the Dolmen they have (2 standing stones with a stone on top of them), saw the "Druids' Circle", and the "Faerie Glen". Also saw the "Sacrifice Stone" which was so tall, I don't how you would have gotten anyone up there without a ladder, let alone sacrifice anything. Then we headed toward the castle. I had gotten a stone for Teresa, and dirt for Robert already. We went up the stairs, and up and up. When we hit the top, Marty reaffirmed he wasn't kissing the stone. Then we got over to where it's at. The gentleman who helps hold you while you kiss the Stone sat down. I gave in, and kissed the Stone. And then Marty, who absolutely refused to entertain the possibility of kissing the Stone, KISSED THE BLARNEY STONE!

I have pictures to prove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home