Thursday, April 20, 2006

Second Update!

Derek, my cousin the Marine, who was in Iraq, is home! He got home about a week ago; called his folks at 4:30 am PDT (8:30am EDT), to let them know he'd landed in Maine. I know he got to spend Easter in Los Osos, with his family. We're all incredibly relieved he's home, and carefully avoiding the fact the country's at war, and as such, he isn't allowed to leave the military until the war's over, or he's injured badly enough they honorably discharge him. So, everybody has fingers crossed he gets to stay home for awhile. Nathan and Kim are flying out early part of May to see him, and visit my aunt and uncle, cousin Erin and my dad's mom and Aunt Beth. Mom, Dad and I are flying out at the end of June (we hope) to see him. Plane tickets have been purchased, we just haven't heard how long Derek will be in the States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home