Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cork City, Ireland

Ok, so the flight over was an experience. Sat in the last row of the plane, which seemed good, but wasn't so fantastic. Everytime someone wanted something to drink, they slammed the storage doors behind my chair. Same when they prepared meals. And after they turned the lights off to sleep, everytime someone used the lavatory, the lights got bright when they opened the door. I gave up after 2.5 of trying to sleep. Watched the new Pride and Prejudice (which was ok), and the new version of the Producers, which was HILARIOUS!!!

Plane got into Heathrow .5 hours early; then we sat on the runway 'til we ended up being almost an hour late getting in. So I walked very fast across the terminal to the bus going to terminal 1 (I landed at 4), crammed onto the bus, and then fast walked to my gate, in time to load onto the plane. Add to this that I'd had to pee since before my London bound plane landed, and it was bad. Finally got to go after I'd landed in Cork.

Cab was waiting, and the driver was fantastic! Got to see some of Cork before we got to our B&B. Got in, dropped stuff off, and then went out to find dinner. Marty and I were both so tired, we didn't even bother with trying to find a pub. Then back, and to sleep!

This morning, after breakfast, we headed out, and wandered around Cork. Saw more churches then you would think. Lots of nifty old buildings and such. Pictures we'll try to send from the hotel, and it will have wifi.

It's great to be in Cork!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home